Buying Long Term Care Insurance Policy Protection
Why buy insurance coverage? There are several benefits to having a LTCI policy.
- Keep your independence and dignity.Seniors who are unable to pay for their own long term care must first have no substantial assets before they can qualify for Medicaid assistance. Medicaid may not allow you the choice of home care or an assisted living facility. Instead, it can insist on nursing home care. Also, Medicaid insurance typically only pays for a semiprivate room and not all nursing homes accept Medicaid patients. Many people may feel a loss of dignity at being in a nursing home environment.A LTCI policy gives you more options of care and freedom. You can decide to be cared for in your own home or in an assisted living facility. Ultimately, if a nursing home is needed, the policy coverage will pay for the nursing home care.
- Protecting the living spouse with LTC Insured Coverage.Married seniors who will need long term care need to consider the burden on their living spouse. Your spouse may be forced to pay for a caregiver out-of-pocket and deplete savings and assets. Without LTCI, the financial burden may leave minimal cash assets for your spouse.
- Become less of a burden to your children or extended family.Even if your children have decided that they will care for you, the mental and physical stress of caregiving can take a toll. LTCI policies provide your family with aides to help in the daily tasks of bathing, dressing, eliminating, and more.
- Peace of mind through LTC.
If you are single or have a limited support system, LTCI can assure you that you will be taken care of. LTC Insurance can pay for and coordinate the LTC that you may need.
- Protect your assets. The right Insurance helps preserve your assets from the high cost of expensive long term care. Take just a few minutes to request your own LTCI quote. You will know your insured options and the steps you will need to take.